Sponsor: The State Secretariat for National Policy of the Prime Minister’s Office
Call for applications from Bethlen Gábor Alapkezelő Plc.
Beneficiary name: Bethlen Gábor Foundation
Project Title: Support and equipment upgrading of the Bethlen Gábor Diaspora College in Aiud
Contracted amount of aid: HUF 5 000 000
Total cost of the project: HUF 5 000 000
Rate of aid: 100%
Start of project implementation: 1 March 2021
Project completion date: 28 February 2022
Presentation of the content of the project and the objectives achieved:
1. Upgrading the Bethlen Gábor College with the necessary furniture: the project included the addition of furniture to the teachers’ room of the Bethlen Gábor College. Individual desks and shelved cupboards were purchased. The aim was to standardise the furniture.
2. Purchase of furniture for the elementary classrooms of Bethlen Gábor College. All classrooms were provided with uniform furniture and racks. These items are a necessary addition to a classroom and the cheerful colours made the classrooms cosier. Here too, the aim was to standardise the furniture. In addition, a teacher’s room was equipped with a conference table with drawers and a desk.
3. Furnishing the property owned by the Bethlen Gábor Foundation with the necessary furniture. The aim is to provide accommodation for qualified teachers who come to Aiud from far away, thus increasing the quality of education in the college.
4. Contribution to the payment of the utility costs of the Bethlen Gábor College. In particular, the Foundation’s support is also needed to pay the gas bills for the winter months. This was done under the terms of a cooperation agreement between the College and the Foundation.
5. Payment of the annual remuneration of an accountant under a contract of engagement with the Bethlen Gábor Foundation. This has reduced the Foundation’s recurrent expenditure. From a sustainability point of view, the project had a very positive impact.
Justification for improvements:
The present development has increased the equipment of the college rooms. We strive to create a homely, comfortable environment for students studying in the college and also teachers
We also contributed to the smooth running of education by paying part of the utility bills as a background institution for the college.
In recent years, the college has undergone tremendous development, and the modernization of the interior spaces and the equipment was made possible by the Bethlen Gábor Foundation’s grant. Every year, these grants bring us one step closer to a complete renewal of the school.
Overall, the project has enabled our Foundation to contribute once again to supporting quality teaching and learning at the College, while at the same time, as a self-sustaining NGO, we have managed to reduce our fixed costs for 2021.
Thank you for the support of the State Secretariat for National Policy of the Prime Minister’s Office!
In addition to the modern conditions provided by the college, the students receive education in Hungarian, and the teachers work to strengthen their Hungarian national identity. They can learn from qualified teachers and leave the college with a full bag, each using in his or her own way all that the college has given them.
Thank you for your multilateral relations with Hungary and for your actions to strengthen our solidarity.